Welcome to our step-by-step guide to setting up your first Facebook Carousel Retargeting Ad. If at any point you’re unsure about the process or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team via chat in the bottom right corner. We’re here to support you and ensure your retargeting campaign is a success. Now, let’s get started with creating your first Carousel Retargeting Ad.
With Carousel Retargeting Ads, you can create engaging ads showing images or videos to potential customers who have already shown interest in your brand. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to set up Carousel Retargeting Ads, so you can deliver personalized messages that will grab attention and drive action. Without further ado, let’s dive deep into Carousel Retargeting Ad.
Discover Trends before they’re Trending.
Get our best trends delivered to your inbox.
Installing the Facebook Pixel
Before you begin with retargeting ads, make sure you have the Facebook Pixel installed on your website. The Pixel is a piece of code that tracks user behavior on your website, allowing Facebook to understand who has visited your site and what actions they took. You’ll need this data for effective retargeting.
Once your pixel is set up, in the Lebesgue app, Facebook’s Automated Advertising Audit section you should show a screen like this.
Creating a Custom Audience
After you installed the Facebook pixel it’s time for the next step. So, to retarget website visitors, you need to create a Custom Audience:
- Go to your Facebook Ads Manager and navigate to ‘Audiences.’
- Click ‘Create Audience’ and select ‘Custom Audience.’
- Choose ‘Website Traffic’ to target people who’ve visited your website.
- Define your audience by setting parameters. For example, you can target all website visitors in the past 30 days, or you could target people who visited a specific page.
Crafting Your Facebook Carousel Ad: A Detailed Guide
Now that you created a Custom Audience, let’s see the next steps. First, you need to:
- Navigate to ‘Ads Manager‘ and select ‘Create.’
- Choose your objective. ‘Conversions’ is a common objective for retargeting, but it depends on your specific goal. At Lebesgue, we suggest Conversions, as it was measured to maximize business ROI
- In the ‘Ad Set’ section, select the Custom Audience you just created.
- When you get to the ‘Ad’ section, select ‘Carousel’ as your ad format. Make sure to turn off Advatage+ Creative for Catalog.
- At the Ad Creative section, click ‘Manually select images, videos, and links’
- Upload your images or videos. Remember, 3-5 elements tend to work well, but for some industries, it might be effective to use up to 10.
- For each carousel card, add a headline, description, and a unique URL if necessary.
- Add a ‘Call to Action‘ button such as ‘Shop Now’ or ‘Learn More’ to guide users towards taking the desired action.
Reviewing and Publishing Your Carousel Ad: Ensuring Accuracy and Relevance
Once your ad looks the way you want it to, click ‘Review’ to make sure everything is correct. If everything is in order, hit ‘Publish.’
Monitoring and Optimizing Your Carousel Ad: Achieving Continuous Improvement
After your ad is live, monitor its performance closely. Check the engagement and conversion metrics regularly and adjust your ad based on the insights you gain.
Remember, the most effective retargeting campaigns are rarely perfect from the start. They require regular monitoring, testing, and optimizing to continually improve their effectiveness.
In conclusion, Carousel Retargeting Ads provide a powerful way to connect with your target audience and drive conversions. By presenting a series of visually appealing images or videos tailored to users who have already expressed interest in your brand, you can deliver personalized messages that resonate and increase the likelihood of engagement. Remember to follow the step-by-step guide we provided to set up your Carousel Retargeting Ads effectively.
90+ five-star reviews on Shopify App Store
to get free advertising optimization tips and exclusive insights