Setting up Google Analytics on a Shopify store is a simple process that can be completed in a few steps:
- Create a Google Analytics account: If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to create a Google Analytics account. Go to the Google Analytics website and sign up for a free account.
- Get your tracking code: Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be given a tracking code. This code is unique to your website and it’s what links your Shopify store to your Google Analytics account.
- Add the tracking code to your Shopify store: To add the tracking code to your Shopify store, you’ll need to go to the Shopify admin panel. Click on the “Online Store” button and then on “Preferences.” Scroll down to the “Google Analytics” section and paste the tracking code into the box provided.
- Verify your tracking code: You can verify that your tracking code is working correctly by going to the Google Analytics website and checking the “Real-time” section. If the code is working correctly, you should see data coming through from your Shopify store.
- Set up goals: Once you have your tracking code set up, you’ll be able to set up goals.